Some time ago, we developed a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) for a foreign customer. We obtained an application that had a first registration and login screen that the user had to complete before being able to access the functionalities. For this case, we recommended implementing the Social Login option. Today, in this note, we will tell you what are the benefits of using this solution.
How does Social Login work?
The user can authenticate with Google, Facebook or any other similar service, which will request the permissions to enter your application. Every time you log in, you will be authenticated with the same service and you will not need a password to access again.
Always remember that saving your password in Google is not the same as authenticating with Google.
What are the main benefits?
- By simplifying registration to just one step, you make sure more people want to stay. The ease and speed to enter will make a difference.
- It is very easy to add new providers, such as: Google, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Github and many others.
- You avoid having to fill out registration forms. People shy away from filling in new records; with Social Login, this is not necessary.
- You avoid having to remember a password.
- By delegating the security part to a recognized service, you gain peace of mind and save time on a critical aspect.
- Development time is much less than what you would have to spend if you decided to authenticate from scratch.
- You avoid possible errors at the beginning of the session.
- It will be easy for you to integrate the service compared to the full development of registration and login, since there are many code libraries for this.
Anyway, now you know. If you have a MVP that has or will have a registration and login screen, do not hesitate to implement Social Login, as the most practical and profitable solution.