When you take on the role of the company’s technology leader, you face several challenges that you will need to overcome to continue on the path to success. If you want to achieve this, you must take into account the skills that every IT leader must have.
- Multitasking: the ability to perform two tasks at almost the same time; such as replying to a chat message and scheduling a meeting with the developers.
- IT knowledge: Even if your main activity is not writing code, it is essential that you know the technologies your team works with and how they work.
- English: the language par excellence in the world of technological development, both for learning new technologies and for contact with foreign customers.
- Decision-making: it is only possible to move forward if you are a decisive person and do not hesitate when making a decision about the path to follow.
- Problem solving: faced with adverse situations, you should be able to propose different solutions and find the most convenient one according to the problem.
- Results-oriented: it is about executing the tasks guided by a certain objective, in such a way as to act accordingly to achieve it.
- Leadership: the essential quality to make your team work with enthusiasm, focused on reaching the previously estimated goals.
- Adaptability: you have to be able to accommodate or adjust your way of working taking into account the needs of projects and clients.
- Organization: plan your schedule and tasks, while managing methodologies and structures to order the projects.
- Communication: a good leader knows how and when to communicate with the professionals on his team.
- Curiosity: asking questions, questioning everything and even yourself is a valuable characteristic when specializing in this field of work.
To summarize, we would like to share that if you have this list of skills cited, there will be no doubt that you are or that you will become the IT leader that your company needs.