This is the best known and used framework by Node.js developers. Minimalist and with a fairly simple learning curve, it has a very complete ecosystem to execute what you need, with the functionalities separated in different modules.
It is used, among other uses, to:
- Develop REST APIs that serve to communicate with client applications.
- Create traditional MVC applications.
Being similar to Express.js, it was born in Wal-mart to handle traffic at events such as the famous Black Friday and its main objective is to support numerous requests. Its fame is due to the high performance it has. The developer community believes that Hapi is robust and reliable, because it was able to successfully manage millions of purchase transactions at Wal-mart during Black Friday.
Solid and complete, with many libraries available, it is used for:
- Same projects as Express.js, but more focused on developers concentrating on writing application logic.
- High performance applications.
This is a more modern framework that uses Typescript and is influenced by Angular. Being thought for the current development and optimized to work with architectures and clean code, it is constituted in a decoupled way, by modules. It also has an important community that is growing rapidly.
It is useful for:
- Performing REST APIs services.
- Creating MVC services.
- Working with hexagonal architecture or other complex architecture.
It is ideal for developers linked to Django, Rails, Laravel, etc., and it provides an important variety of functions so that you can focus only on developing the project and save you time by avoiding the installation of specific libraries.
- Developing more complex projects that require numerous features, as it comes with “batteries included”.
So far we have come up with our list of the most used Node.js frameworks. Hoping that you have resolved your doubts in this regard, we invite you to contact us and tell us what your project is. We put together a proposal for you without obligation.