To begin with, we could say that PHP is a very popular open source language that runs on the server side. In this opportunity, we tell you everything you need to know about PHP: features and benefits.
What makes PHP different from other languages?
Although nowadays it is also widely used for console applications, PHP was born and grew for web development. It has a fairly large community and is known for being pretty straightforward.
The vast majority of websites worldwide are built with PHP on the back end. This is so, because WordPress has a very large market share of the world web and has many templates that allow you to create a fast and functional website.
What are its benefits?
- It evolves at a more than satisfactory rate compared to other technologies.
- It is characterized by being easy, powerful and professional.
- It has excellent frameworks to develop on the web, such as Laravel (preferable for startups) and Symfony (suitable for enterprise projects).
- It follows exemplary development practices.
- It has a huge and very active community.
- It has a variety of tools for developers.
- Its performance has improved significantly since version 5.3.
- It supports an infinite number of databases and requests, it is very fast.
- Being an open source, it allows anyone to apply modifications to improve it.
When to choose this language?
PHP is always a good option for any of the following situations:
- If you need to launch a quick website.
- For ecommerce, with a CMS platform, such as Prestashop or Magento.
- If you require web development to create a startup.
- For console application development.
- To build an enterprise application.
- If you need a forum, think about the PHPBB application.
- To develop dynamic web pages or Rest services.
- If you would like to work on web services or applications, on the back end side.
Our latest developments with PHP
Among several completed projects, at MyTaskPanel Consulting we use PHP for:
- Microservices application in Symfony, with hexagonal architecture and DDD (insurance platform).
- E-learning platform, with PHP and Vue.js on the front end. The complete application was developed, a migration from an old PHP to a modern PHP with Laravel.
- WordPress and Magento plugins.
So far we come with PHP: features and benefits of this language. Surely if you choose PHP and some of its frameworks, it will be because you need to develop a project like some of the ones we have mentioned above. At MyTaskPanel Consulting we have expert professionals who could help you.