5 reasons to choose it
- Speed. It is quite fast compared to other similar technologies.
- Adaptability. It is intended for the web, but it is also useful for console applications, desktop applications, Robotics and the Internet of Things. There is hardly any project in which Node.js cannot be used.
- Asynchronism. Allows to handle multiple requests on the web.
- Ability to communicate in real time.
When to avoid it
It’s best to put Node.js aside when you have to deal with a lot of CPU processing.
It has the event loop that is responsible for implementing asynchronous operations or non-blocking. The event loop runs on the only thread that exists in Node.js; if that thread is blocked, the event loop will be blocked. For this reason, if you have to do data processing or CPU hard work, Node.js is not the way to go.
Our latest developments with Node.js
Among several completed projects, at MyTaskPanel Consulting we use Node.js to:
- A platform for bars and restaurants, offering online payments and orders, and digital letters. We worked with Node.js, Express.js as a framework, like MySql as a database and React.js as a framework on the frontend, with libraries like Redux-saga.
- The maintenance of a shipping geolocation platform. Sails.js was used as the framework and React.js on the frontend.
Now you know that choosing Node.js over other technologies will depend mainly on the type of project you have to develop and its needs. At MyTaskPanel Consulting we have expert professionals who can help you.